Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Upward and Onward!

I decided to leave the pity party that I held for my self Saturday night (no one turned up to that either!) and venture out Sunday morning and explore places in Virginia that I had not seen before. The first part of my exploration was to Sky Meadows National Park which I didn't realize was so close to my house in Gainesville. What a beautiful place! The weather could not have been better ~ a sunny, crisp, autumnal day ~ and the fall colours are just about ready to 'pop'. It was a rather steep hike to get to the overlook but so worth it. I now have aspirations to move to Sky Meadows with my tent, paints and canvases and paint with wild abandon all day! Unfortunately I don't think it is for sale.
This is the spectacular view from the top of the overlook







Ahhh... a perfect Sunday afternoon!

I then ventured on to Paris (yes - Paris,Virginia - no passport required!) a very small village (population 51) with some gorgeous, period houses and a very well known restaurant named The Ashby Inn. Not too much happening there so back onto route 50 and and few side roads later I found Upperville. I happened upon my dream house - a renovated church in the most picturesque setting - which again was not for sale. But we can always dream...




Can you imagine looking out at this view every morning! Pure bliss!


And one last photo op before I went home ...how could I resist!


It's amazing that just a few hours outside, exploring your surroundings, can lift your spirits to no end and put a new spin on what is important in life - I'll be doing it more often.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment