Friday, November 12, 2010

A bit of a break

One last post before I go on my merry way to visit my lovely mum in the U.K.  A much overdue visit I must admit but at least I will make it home before the year is out and before Christmas.  Naturally, I have nothing ready!  No packing even thought about let alone started, still need to get some gifts, do my laundry, feed the cat, milk the goats (oh, I don’t have any!), and all in the next 24 hours!  A challenge, I know, but it will all get done.

I have been so fortunate in the last month or so to have worked with some wonderful new clients.  They have all been so welcoming and generous – it makes such a difference to my job.  I have frescoed a two story home for Karen and Alex (let me tell ya, that 28 foot ladder was rather daunting!), faux marbled a kitchen for Gordon and Ann, faux plastered a powder room for Michelle and faux gold leafed a hallway for Gloria.  A lot of strenuous work for these ol’ bones but so worthwhile.  I love leaving a clients house with a smile on my face knowing that they loved what I did.  It’s amazing what a bit of paint can do!  Below are a few pics of the finishes but as usual the quality is pretty bad.  If anyone has tips of how to take a good photo of a paint finish – please let me know!

DSC05944e DSC05945h DSC05950k  DSC05951j

IMG_6198w IMG_6200        IMG_6199v

IMG_6311

IMG_6221

I will be away for two very short weeks (which is definitely not long enough) and will not be able to comment on any of your blogs but will catch up on all the happenings on my return in December.  Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, stay safe and keep warm!

la post 2For You

15 comments:

  1. Hello Anji,
    what a beautiful job!! Have a wonderful time and a safe trip.Thanks for the gorgeous flower!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Anji, you work is so gorgeous!!!!!! It is so hard to get a great shot of faux finishes...if they're that beautiful in the photos I know they must be breathtaking in person. I hope you have a great time visiting your Mum sweet friend and thank you again for my parcel a few weeks back, you are so kind!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anji, Have a wonderful trip! As always beautiful artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos look really nice. I especially like the 2nd to last picture. That room looks pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very informative post yankee state on behalf of Pine Tree State as i am constantly searching for new content which will facilitate me and my knowledge grow higher.

    ReplyDelete